Thursday, April 28, 2016

Chocolate Stuffed Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Dessert is by far my favorite pat of any meal. Coincidentally, making dessert is also one of my favorite past times. And since today is one of my student's birthdays, I decided that today is a great day to make a delicious treat.

However, since the weather has been heating up and I was a little pressed for time, I was both too hot and too lazy to heat up the oven to make a baked treat. My solution? Chocolate covered strawberries stuffed with chocolate truffles. Yum! 

I might have snacked on a piece or two during the process, but I couldn't resist. There's still plenty for everyone! So let me share with you how I made this very tempting treat. 

You will need: 
1 package of double stuffed Oreos 
2 chocolate pudding cups
1 8 oz. package of creamed cheese
optional: 1 cup of mini chocolate chips 
32 oz. of strawberries 

I got excited just looking at all this stuff! 

















Procedure: 
1. Wash your strawberries thoroughly. Cut off the tops of the strawberries. 






















2, Use a small but sharp knife to take out the core of the strawberries. 





















3. Put that aside and open the package of Oreos. I got the double stuffed kind because that just sounds more festive. Break a few Oreos and then put them in a food processor and grind them until they become fine crumbs. My food processor is a small one, so it took me two or three rounds of processing, but it got the job done, so that's what counts. 





















4. In a large bowl, cream together the creamed cheese and Oreo crumbs until it almost resembles dough. If you want, add a cup (or less, depending on how much or how little chocolate chips you want) of chocolate chips and stir until everything is well combined. 





















5. Very carefully start stuffing your cored strawberries with the creamed cheese mixture. This is going to be most easily done with your hands. 




















6. Put the delicious chocolate stuffed strawberries in the freezer for 20 minutes. When you take them out, cover the tops of the strawberries with a generous helping of chocolate pudding.




















7. Toss those puppies back in the freezer for another 30 - 40 minutes. Some of the pudding might fall off, but that's why we put a generous helping of pudding on top of the strawberries before we put them in the freezer. 

8. Take them out of the freezer and enjoy! 

These treats are very delicious, and it's helpful that they're cold. Perfect for a nice hot summer day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment