Monday, April 4, 2016

Chocolate Coffee Recipe (AKA Delicious Way to Get Up In The Morning)

Like many people, I start pretty much all of my mornings -- particularly work day mornings -- with a nice cup of coffee. Generally, I brew my cup of coffee, add a little bit of sugar and milk, and I'm good to go. But recently, my mom bought a big container of unsweetened cocoa (the Hershey's brand) from Sam's Club, and that got me thinking. Sure, I'm sure I could use the cocoa powder for baking (which I still plan on doing this weekend), but I wondered what would happen if I put the cocoa powder in my daily cup of coffee.

It was a bit of trial and error. The first morning, I put half a tablespoon of the cocoa powder in my cup of coffee. Unfortunately, I forgot that it was unsweetened cocoa powder, so my coffee was a little hard to finish that morning. But then this morning, I found my cocoa coffee sweet spot. Let me share my discovery with you.

Ingredients:

1 cup brewed coffee (to your liking)
1/4 cup of milk (I like my coffee a little more milky than others. Feel free to adjust according to your taste)
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

Procedure:

1. Brew your coffee.
2. Add sugar, cocoa powder, and milk to your coffee. Stir thoroughly until all ingredients are mixed.
3. Enjoy!

Of course, feel free to add/decrease the amount of cocoa, sugar, or milk so that it suits the way you like it. I might go with a little less sugar next time, but at least I know I'm on the right track. I hope this has helped you find your coffee sweet spot, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment