Friday, October 14, 2016

Halloween Prep Week!

One of the perks of teaching -- I mean, other than the actual act of teaching -- is seeing how hyped up kids get over Halloween. Now, I'm honestly not the type of person to be in the Halloween spirit. I tend to not get invited to many Halloween parties, and when I am invited to one, I politely decline because I'd rather be sitting in the quiet comfort of my home binge-watching a TV series on Netflix and drinking hot tea. However, now that I'm a teacher, I'm just as excited as my students are to get in the spirit of Halloween.

To celebrate Halloween, staff members are highly recommended to come dressed up in Halloween costumes for the entire week before Halloween. They say highly recommended because they can't really require us to do dress up. After some initial reservations, I have come to terms with being whole-heartedly in the spirit of this. Unfortunately, my coworkers don't seem to share my enthusiasm. I'm hoping they're just playing it cool and are also planning on showing up dressed in some fabulous costumes so I don't look like the only idiot teacher there dressed in a costume.

I've been thinking about what I want to be a lot, and have come up with some ideas. Some ideas include Carl from the movie Up, Cruella Deville from 101 Dalmations, and Elsa from Frozen. I wanted to keep my costume as easily recognizable as possible so even my youngest students will know what I'm supposed to be. I started making my Elsa costume today, and the more I worked on it, the more excited I got. I've also started browsing and shopping for a Cruella costume as well, so I'm stoked to go to work dressed as Cruella one of those days as well. I'm planning on DIY-ing my way through most, if not all, of the costumes during Halloween week, so stay tuned for some tutorials in the near future!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment